Monday, April 21, 2014

Sun, food, Netflix = heaven

FINALLY - my favorite time of year. Sunshine and bikini time! Friday, I got off early and went to Dereck's office to have lunch with him because he was not as lucky (sucka!) which was immediately followed by a tanning sesh by the pool. I brought my Kindle out there, put on some Pandora, and pretended like I was on some far away beach.



(I was picturing myself here....)




Friday evening, we went to Los Cucos (ole!) for dinner and the weather was just perfect. We sat on the patio and watched the sunset while we ate. It was really nice and relaxing.


Saturday, Dereck had a bunch of fun errands to run (i.e. inspection, car wash, blah blah blah) so I stayed my butt in bed and had an all day long date with my bed and Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I'm finally working my way through the 9th season so I'll be caught up soon! Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that. Who cares.

I fucking died during this episode.
Lexie and Mark are why we can't wait to tell someone we love them, people!
Grow some balls and say something before it's too late!
This show is making me a crazy person.

Saturday night, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. You can never go wrong with wings! We were supposed to go to a Mustang car meet but dinner ran late and we ended up just heading home to watch Jobs, which I totally fell asleep during so I need to try watching it again. 



Easter Sunday. My family doesn't normally do anything, especially with Cristian being away at school, but he came home last minute. Unfortunately I had already made other plans and ended up sticking with them. My family isn't really religious to begin with so I only missed out on lunch. We did what we did last year (and what I'm presuming to be a tradition) and went to a park with our friends and their families. They bbq'ed sausage and brisket and then played some kickball! It was a blast and again, the weather was amazing. It was a really nice day overall. Also, copious amounts of these were consumed:




Last night, Dereck, Gabriel (Dereck's brother) and I went to BJ's to wrap up the weekend. Fin.



TL;DR I watched a shitton of Grey's Anatomy and ate a lot of food. It was fantastic.

20 comments:

  1. Netflix & food...sounds like a great weekend to me! They opened up a BJ's here in Corpus, if I could get away with eating a poozooki everyday I totally would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing weekend! SO jealous of your pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanut butter egg is the star of the Easter candy.

    Kickball in the park and grilling sounds like a great day! We do a very low key Easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those eggs....they were the death of me for sure! I just got my brothers Netflix ID....I don't think I will be leaving the house from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title of your post is what I imagine retirement to be like <3 Let me know if Jobs is good when you watch it all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Your weather looks amazing, I'm totally jealous! It's been so cloudy here I'm ready for some sunshine! Totally craving some Reese Eggs now... yum!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So do you have your own pool? Because if you do I'm totally jealous.

    Yeah, that episode of Grey's was way intense. I cried like a little girl. this next season (i think season 10 is on now) is kind of boring. It has good moments but for the most part it's chill.

    I loooove BJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone is posting pictures of Reese eggs and I really just want one! Would you believe I had ZERO candy yesterday? Huge mistake, because now I want alllllllll of the sweeeeeet things!

    Grey's has a way of sucking you in then pissing you off. They will kill off anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the only reason why we celebrate easter is because of my husband and his family...chinese peeps don't celebrate easter; we tend to eat the rabbit if it comes near us KIDDING!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab weekend! and NOMNOMNOM on BDUBS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being able to sit by the pool?! Jealous! That episode was so hard, cried like a baby! I really want to buy a bunch of Reese's Eggs and freezing them so I can have one a month till they come back. Weird?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanna sit by the pool!!! Jealous!!!!!!!
    I might start watching Grays from the beginning one of these days. I only watched the first couple of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pool time is the best time!! I cant wait to lay out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanna sit by the pool! I am so jealous! I ate so many Reese's Eggs too! I grossed myself out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should definitely be proud of cranking through Greys. Get current- its good this season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I started Grey's it became my life!!! It's so addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait for that weather to arrive in Michigan :) I'm especially excited to eat outside at restaurants again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, I love your backyard!
    -Kristen | Kandid Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do not even get me started on Grey's Anatomy. I started watching from Season 1 again...seeing Mark makes me so depressed. I want to throw up just thinking about it. Also, the Reese's easter eggs....i miss them so much! They are the star of all Easter candies.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs