Tuesday, April 8, 2014

About to get real: Stressed Out Edition

Ok, so obviously I haven't been posting as much. 

Going to school part-time, working full-time, and living at home are all extremely, extremely stressful. I thought living at home would make it less stressful because, hello, no rent. But honestly, I am just not happy there. I cannot afford to remove myself from this situation so I have to work on changing my attitude about it but that's proving to be a little harder than I thought. This is like a whole different blog post in itself that I will probably never write but unlike a lot of you, I am not close with my parents, particularly my mother. We have good times from time to time but for the most part, I don't understand her and she doesn't understand me. The only thing we both understand is food and booze so we bond over that. It pretty much stops there.

I love my job! I really do. And I love school, too. It's the combination that is a lot more overwhelming than I anticipated. I will forever kick myself in the ass for not doing this shit when I didn't have to work at the same time. 

Everything above is clashing together right now. I have a bunch of shit due this week, a test this weekend, a concert to go to Thursday (first world problems I know haha), and this is my hell week in the office (closing time), and it's just all. really. overwhelming. And I'm not even taking hard classes right now. They're easy, but time consuming. I know there are people out there working full-time, going to school full-time, and probably raising kids and shit and honestly? HOW THE FUCK DO THEY DO THAT. Kudos to you/them because if I had to throw kids in the mix, well, that'd be hard as shit.

I keep things pretty light and airy around here and never really get into deep and personal shit because 1) no1curr and 2) that shit is boring. 

However, it's what's happening right now and hopefully when I look back on this later, I'll remember that I was able to push through everything and it'll probably seem a lot smaller then. I try to consistently remind myself that I could have cancer or some terminal illness or be dead, so it could always be worse. I just have to suck it up and keep on going.

I have to say, without Dereck's support I would probably be a nut case right now. He is so encouraging no matter how fucking crazy I get. I'm a really lucky woman and shout out to the big dude upstairs for hooking it up!

So yeah. That's what's going on in my world right now. I knew going into this it would be stressful but I guess this is the first week that that became a reality for me. Hopefully after it's all over, I'll be ready for the next time it happens. 

18 comments:

  1. "no1curr". i had to stop and reread that a couple of times and then when i realized what it was, i laughed my ass off. sorry that things are nuts for you...we all have days/weeks like that but it'll calm down.

    living with parents ain't easy. my mom lives with me and the other day, she woke up my husband BECAUSE HER REMOTE WASN'T WORKING. who does that?!! i wouldn't want her living any other place but man, she's hard to take sometimes...but parents are like that...set in their ways as we're set in ours.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this girl!!! Prioritizing your time is such a bitch. Just being honest, but it's a must for success! You have a great support system and goals to reach so keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when "that week" rolls around every now and then. Sounds like you got a lot on your plate, but you are never given what you can't handle! You got this! You show this week that it is your bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it girlfriend!!


    Its not a forever things, just temporary. I know that when stress creeps in, it can take over the whole damn day! keep on keeping on,

    PS, I suck because I had no idea you were at home. I thought you & dereck were in his family's house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl sending you a hug this was totally me last week! Take it day by day.....thinking long term stresses me out. Also a glass of wine and those damn peanut butter snickers helped ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!! You are so strong I know you will dominate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well damn. I didn't know you were living at home either. And I am the exact same way with my mom. Well actually, we only agree on booze and movies, not food. But we butt heads a LOT. I'm sorry you're having such a shitty time right now, but you can do it!! Just take baby steps- try to focus on one thing at a time, you know you have an awesome support system that's behind you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wishing you a big long nap or massage or something to help you relax in your near future. Being stressed is really hard to cope with but I've always found the silver linings in that it helps me to figure out what I want in my life and what just makes it harder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how hard it is to do school and work at the same time. I totally admire you for stepping up and going back. But you're a badass and you got this! So glad Derek is around to help you. Plus you're right- when you look back on this...it will all seem like small stuff in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just focus on yourself and your family. And take it one day at a time- putting too much pressure on yourself will just make things worse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH man, that sounds brutal. I had a bit of that going on living at home during law school. The good news is, it'll pass. School will calm down or work will calm down, but you'll look back and be so grateful you hammered through! 2 more days till the weekend, in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your a badass. Don't forget that. :) Hope that helped.

    -Kristen | Kandid Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just hang in there! That's all you can do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, yes... people like things fun for the most part - but that doesn't mean you can't write about things that weigh on your heart, too! We're here for you!!! :D
    I'm sorry that things are so chaotic for you right now. It will pass, don't you worry. As for the home situation, I can't even imagine how stressful it must be moving back after you've already been on your own. :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you got this, it may be crazy but you can do it. The good the bad it happens and some times you just have to white knuckle grip life and bear down. We are here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sucks when life gets that way. But you're one of the strongest people I know, so I know you can get through it. Keep your head up. I understand not getting along with your mom. My mom and I are more friends than mom/daughter and sometimes I just feel like I can't talk to her about things. If you ever need to talk I'm just a phone call/text away! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you're liking your job! But I know living at home can be stressful. Hopefully things start looking up, and you feel less stressed about everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. change is always hard, you will get in a groove i promise! I moved back home for a few months a few years ago and it was really hard for me too, but honestly the money you will save will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs