Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Confess...

Humpday_ryan

Today, I'm confessing one thing that I hate to admit. I am a complainer. Things not going my way? I have something to say. Long line at the bank? Curse under my breath. Dereck running late and we'll have to rush to catch the movie? I say something. Bitch hogging the barbell I need because she's "too busy" chatting it up with her friend? I mean, really, wtf. It's 5AM, can't you chat later? I hate to make myself sound like a brat, but if shit doesn't go my way, I don't like it. There are times when I can find the bright side, but when I allow myself to get caught up in the little things, sometimes I fail to realize how great I have it. 




Things not going my way? God has a different plan for me. Deal with it.

Long line at the bank? Realize you're either here to put in money or take out money; either way, at least you have money.

Dereck running late? That man loves you with everything. Cut him some slack.

Bitch hogging the barbell? Use the next weight up. Oh, look. You can do it. (This actually happened. Strange way to find out I was ready for the next weight but hey, I'll take what I can get.)

All of these little things have something in common. THEY ARE LITTLE THINGS. I am so guilty of rolling my eyes and letting small things that mess up my routine get to me. It's part of my nature and while it won't necessarily change, I can change how I react to it. Brush my shoulders off, move on, and get over it. No need to sweat the small stuff.



I had a bunch of little things I was going to confess, but after I saw this video I realized how ridiculous I can be over stupid shit when there are real problems going on around the world.


Please watch and share.


If you're like me, you have a laundry list of shit you don't like about our government. But when we really take a step back, we enjoy freedoms that so many countries do not have. I guess that's why we allow ourselves to fret over the little shit; we're not worrying if we'll be murdered. These are college students standing up for their beliefs that include the right to protection. Of course, they're being met with force and violence. I can only imagine how horrific it is to stand there with your peers and be shot at or hit simply for standing up for what's right.


Prayers for Venezuela.

14 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way girl. Love that you are changing the way to deal with those situations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I am definitely a complainer about the little things. I have to remind myself DAILY sometimes even HOURLY to stop and not be that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very guilty of complaining. But you're right, I'm very grateful to live where I do. Canada and America are wonderful countries where we have the freedom to leave our houses without worrying about being blown up, shot at or something else horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are definitely small things that piss me off - always have and always will.

    I'm typically aware of how good my life is, so I don't get too riled up when I do get riled up over small things. Like lateness. It makes me insane when others make me late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for real; we all need perspective to kick us in the ass sometimes!

    most of the time, i just let things roll off my back. it's taken me a long time to learn how to do that but i'm too old to be fretting over nonsense and also, the whole give zero fucks thing. i guess that comes with being an old hag?

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't life interesting when you put some things in perspective? I know I will get angry about little things sometimes and quickly remember the bigger picture and let it roll off. Usually...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand!!!

    I bitch, A LOT!! I gotta stop complaing and just enjoy what i have!!! love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely not easy and I know very few people who truly are optimistic a majority of the time. I am certainly not one of them. But we can try!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. It's important to remember perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely guilty of sweating the small stuff, too. I've been trying to work on it but it's not an easy behavioral habit to break, that's for sure! We're in this together my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SUCH A complainer, it's SO bad. I think it's just the way of our life, but you are right. Make light of a positive situation and it truly will become one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so hard not to complain at little things but being aware helps shorten the length of time we complain. It is so crazy scary what is going on over in Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I can be lil whiny bitch myself sometimes, but changing your outlook is the best remedy. Such a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs