Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CONFESSIONS

Humpday_ryan
...that I'm taking that whole "cardio 3-4 times a week" thing and throwing that shit out the fucking window. I'd rather be happy lifting weights than miserable on a treadmill. #ruckfunning #weightsallday

...that I'm not a fan of that "Happy" song by Pharrel. I'm pretty sure I am the only one who feels this way, according to Blogland, so let me know if I'm wrong.

...I just deleted 5 confessions because they were extremely negative and kind of angry sounding. So instead of putting you through that shit, I'm just going to say I'm not in a good mood this week for some reason and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think, possibly, I just need a vacation. I can't stay put for long amounts of time or I get restless. (We are going to Dallas and Austin next month so YAY.) It could also be this ugly ass weather. Isn't that weird? How everything can be great at work, in your relationships/friendships, etc. but you just feel grumpy? I hate when others are like that so I'm not much of a fan when I'm being that myself. Gross. Time to put the big girl panties on and suck it the fuck up.



...I really, really want to sell my XBOX but am terrified of being kidnapped, raped and murdered via Craigslist and I don't know where else to sell it. I don't need it anymore though thanks to my handy dandy HDMI cable. 



...I couldn't bring myself to drop $120 on Free Press Summer Fest (2 day festival with 20+ performances) but the second I found out Brand New was coming to Texas, I shelled out $150 for pit passes. It doesn't make sense to most but hear me out: I've loved this band for over a decade. A DECADE. And have never seen them live. They never ever come to Texas so I had to. I just had to. This band got me through middle school, high school, when I was in college (the first go around haha), and now as an adult. I can't say that for too many bands! So, June 21, I'll be in Grand Prairie, TX (I had to Google that , it's near Dallas apparently), in a pit with a bunch of other people who probably feel the same as I do, screaming every word at the top of my lungs. It's going to be fucking awesome. Oh and Cristian, my brother who is going with me, will finally be 21 so that'll be fun.

At Warped Tour 10 years ago
Us today

15 comments:

  1. I'd pay that for that many bands, especially if one of my favorite bands was playing. Music is something my brother and I bond over too! This weather has me pissy too, but I'm trying to not give into negativity. Sometimes it's hard though, but we'll get through it!

    PS: I have a fear of Craiglist too! So you aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sell that shit on CL and then meet at a mall. that's what i do. more witnesses, right? i also bring my husband who is a big 6'1, shaved head tattooed guy as my "muscle".

    and treadmills? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT. lifting all the way, bro!!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the bad mood front. I'm also with you on not being able to sit still for long. I need to travel. Forever. I'm going to blame the weather for us feeling moody.

    I didn't like Happy, at first. But our friends that were here loved it, so I had to hear it over, and over, and over. It grew on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE that Happy song. It gets on my damn nerves! And I, for the most part, am a happy person....

    Also, I hate running. It is awful most terrible form of torture. No treadmill for me. Besides, lifting builds muscle which burns fat, so there's that.

    My husband buys and sells stuff on CL all the time, meet somewhere public, he uses our Target parking lot. Also, Game Stop will buy your Xbox, so would any video game store that sells used games and consoles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like any of Pharrels music so you are not alone =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have mixed feels on "Happy" and agree with Kat - lift lift lift! As a former running addict, moving to iron has changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you picked show quality over quantity. Whatever makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the absolute cutest pic of you 10 years ago , I love it! And I am SO not a fan of the happy song either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all about heavy lifting!! Having one band you really like over maybe liking half of the other is worth more. What about asking your friends on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm mean this week too. Grrrrrrrr.

    I hate cardio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so. Need. A vacation. And a money tree, haha. And I totally understand the grumpiness (me too!) and the concert-- that band was a major part of your life! And you're gonna have such an awesome time with your bro (21- cheers to that!)! Also, I would sell the XBox, but meet in a public place and bring Dereck- just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there is something in the air, I have been incredibly moody this past week. I don't even know what is going on. Currently I am on the fence about that song...I've done no working out this past week, as I've been way too lazy and unmotivated. Craigslist scares me a bit too...Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bahahahahaha I can't tell you how many confessions don't make it because they are straight up rude and I'm peppering in my internal mean thoughts one at a time..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Happy aaaaand I'm intrigued about the confessions you deleted!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen to the running. I do it, but I don't enjoy it. I just don't think I'll ever be a "runner" and that's okay with me. I'll still do it, but just not obsessively. Now walking...I can get down with walking. lol
    I'm on the fence with the "Happy" song. If I catch it at the right time I can get into it, if not I just skip over it.
    And yesterday was a shit day, my mood was killed midday and I've been trying to "recover" ever since. Ugh I'm just ready for the weekend and next week to be honest.
    And I agree with the comment above mine, lol I'm a little intrigued about the other confessions.
    Oh by the way, dropping $150 for a band that means that much to you is priceless. For sure!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs