Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Belated Weekend Update

On Friday, this was my face because it was... Friday. Of course.


Little did I know I would be making this face all weekend long. Dereck's brother had never been to Mellow Mushroom so Friday evening, we met him and some of our other friends up for a late dinner. I warned everyone that they make everything fresh so be prepared to wait but of course, warning or no warning, I think some of them got a little frustrated. We ended up waiting around an hour for our food and I think by then, no one really gave a shit if it was freshly made or not, except for me! Oh well. They have an awesome beer list and I had a Greek salad as an appetizer so I was only a little hangry by the time we got our food. I'm thinking next time, we should probably not go on a Friday evening around dinnertime! Still love that place though. The Kosmic Karma is to die for.



Saturday morning, after class (which was awesome because we had many a great debates over gun control, Trayvon and similar cases, death penalty, and the president - I love active classes like these) I hit the gym and sported my new shirt from Muscle Club Apparel. I texted my friend "I'm going to make a shirt that says 'Will Run For Beer' - too much?" to which she replied "I'm pretty sure you have way douchier shirts." 

Touche, friend. Touche. I love my doucheshirts.

I do run for beer though so it's not like it'd be bullshit.


Saturday night, Dereck planned for us and our friends who came to dinner with us on Friday to go to a comedy club! It's called Comedy Sportz and it's set up like Whose Line Is It Anyway? It was SO much fun. And Dereck planned the whole thing! In our relationship, I'm the control freak planner so he usually puts me in charge of putting stuff together but he did this one on his own and I was pretty impressed. We all had a great time!



After the show, we walked over to Houston Texans Grille for another late dinner and drinks.


They added chorizo to their bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos! Delicious!

Sunday, I laid in bed until noon-ish because it was the first time I got to do that in a week! Felt great. Went to the gym and then Dereck and I went to La Madeleine, a little French spot, for lunch. We picked up some dessert from their bakery to take home with us which we ate in bed while watching our shows. We got so caught up in Suits that we totally forgot about The Walking Dead! Oops! It's that good though.

Strawberry cheesecake parfait, fruit and lemon tarts

Another awesome weekend for the books. 

15 comments:

  1. I need to go to Comedy Sportz now! I LOVE Whose Line Is It Anyway?! I'd totally rock a shirt that says, "I run for beer." Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the will run for beer shirt! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that dessert!!!! There is a 5k coming up here that ends in a beer garden!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! i have a shirt that says: will lift for food :)


    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should make the "will run for beer" shirts. I'm sure you'd make some good $$$! Yay for D planning an awesome evening! Those French pastries look AMAZING! Glad you had an amazing weekend! And finally got your Birthday gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mellow Mushroom really does have a great beer list every city that we have every been to! I like the pretzels. Mmmmm!

    All your food pictures have me drooling for some lunch now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love douche shirts!! Haha! Chorizo and Bacon - SOLD!! I pretty much add Chorizo to everything! It's the Portuguese in me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally buy your running for beer shirt!! I need to check out the texans grille for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to check out the Comedy Sportz! I had no idea it was there. Glad you had a lovely weekend! And La Madeleine is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at those guns!! also I want to try the mellow mushroom place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That comedy club sounds like a blast! I love comedy clubs and I loved Whose Line, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Mellow Mushroom num num num.

    Get it girl. Workout pictures, I need to see this at 5am and get my butt up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would buy that shirt. Beer is the only time I run. Ok, maybe if there was a zombie apocalypse as well. And isn't it a great surprise when men plan things?! Love it! Looks like a fantastic (and delicious) weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs